It’s sandwich time again. This is another of my favorites, and it’s extremely simple. I call it the ultimate tuna melt.
The Ultimate Tuna Melt
4 slices of bread (I prefer rye for this one)
1 can light tuna
1 tbsp light mayo
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tbsp butter or butter substitute (I use promise)
1. Mix in a small bowl: tuna, mayo, mustard, celery, onion, and peppers.
2. Butter one side of each slice of bread.
3. Place the bread butter side down on a skillet over medium low heat.
4. Spoon the tuna mixture on top and top with cheese.
5. After the bread is golden brown on the bottom, place the second slice on top and flip, again butter side down.
6. Remove when the bottom is golden brown and the cheese is gooey.